WRITTEN BY ESTHER of www.flexmodo.com
The September Challenge is here!!!! Several of the obstacles will require you to crawl to conquer some elements, so start training for the ALLIGATOR WALK!!! Looking for a move to challenge your core, chest, triceps? This is the move!!!! In this video, I demonstrate one of the variations to the Alligator Walk. Thereafter, I break it down on how you can work your way up with exercises to strengthen your upper body and core to get you ready to strut like an alligator.
Another variation, which is not shown in the video is to drag your feet while your upper body and core are doing all the work. I have some work to do, so maybe by the end of the month, Chris or I can bust out a video demonstrating that variation.
Time to walk like an Alligator!!!
THINK FIT, LIVE FIT! FLEXMODO!!!
Big shout out to Paulomi and Erin for representing Jersey in the video in 90 degree weather!!!
1. Push up plank position: Hold for 10 seconds
Close grip push up position(elbows bend right by your ribs, NOT flaring out, focusing on those triceps): Hold for 10 seconds
Do the above 3x.
2. Beginners: Do the above in a modified push up position
3. Traveling push up plank position (hands and feet move together): Either choose a set distance to travel or do this move for 1 minute straight
4. Traveling staggered push up (remember to bend those elbows close to the body so you feel the concentration on the triceps):Either choose a set distance to travel or do this move for 1 minute straight.
5. Feeling pretty good and confident doing all the above exercises?? Now it’s time to alligator walk!!!